The following documents are required for clearance of Bhutanese citizens traveling by air to India:
- A citizen of Bhutan entering India by Land or Air does not require passport or VISA for entry into India.
- A citizen of Bhutan while travelling by Air between Bhutan and India however requires to be in possession of any of the following identity documents to establish his her identity as a Bhutanese citizen:
- Bhutanese Passport
- Bhutanese Citizenship Certificate
- Voter Identification Card issued by the Election Commission of Bhutan
- Limited Validity photo-identity certificate issued by Royal Bhutanese Mission in India when deemed necessary
- For Children between the age of 10-18, Photo ID issued by the Principal of the School, if accompanied by parents having valid documents. No such document is required for children below the age of 10 Years.
- A citizen of Bhutan must be in possession of a passport when entering from a place other than Bhutan.
- A citizen of Bhutan must have a passport and visa for India if he/she is entering in India from China.