- Foreigners visiting India on long term Entry(X) visa would not require registration with the concerned FRROs/FROs if the duration of his/her stay does not exceed 180 days on a single visit. In case a foreigner intends to stay for more than 180 days on a single visit he should get himself registered well before the expiry of 180 days.
- Foreigners visiting India are also required to adhere to the Special Endorsement made on the Visa by the Indian Mission.
- Every foreigner at the time of Registration, shall furnish, such information in registration report, as may be in his possession for the purpose of satisfying the Registration Officer and shall, on being required, shall sign the registration report in the presence of the said officer and shall thereupon be entitled to receive from the said officer a certificate of registration in Part III of Form A.
- Registration facilities are not provided at the airport and are carried out in the office of FRROs or District Superintendents of Police (FROs).
- Personal presence of the foreigner at the FRRO/FRO office is mandatory for visa related services. Children below 16 years of age are exempt from registration if they have entered on Entry VISA. They may approach the concerned FRRO/FRO for registration after completion of 15 years Penalty for Late Registration. No fee is required to be paid for registration, but a penalty in Indian currency equivalent to US$ 30/- or equivalent (In Indian curency) would be charged in case of late registration.