Visa-on-Arrival for a maximum of two times in a calendar year for single entry, 45 days’ stay, maximum upto 5 places can be issued at Attari Immigration Point to a Pakistani national who is more than 65 years old and is crossing Attari on foot and :
- whose sole objective of visiting India is to meet friends or relatives (individuals who want to avail business, medical, conference or pilgrim Visa have to apply to the respective Mission/Post for the requisite Visa)
- Who does not have a residence or occupation in India;
- Who holds a passport with minimum validity of six months;
- not applicable to Diplomatic and Official Passport holders;
- ‘Visa-on-Arrival’ to the Pakistani nationals will be available between 1000 hrs and 1600 hrs at the Immigration Check Post, Attari Road.
- A Pakistani national of age more than 65 years, who wants to travel to India for a longer duration, should apply for a Visa in appropriate category at the India Mission/Post concerned.
- A Pakistani national desiring to avail this facility should fill the prescribed Immigration Card at Attari Immigration Point and present -
- Copy of his/her National Identity Card (NIC) with translation in English;
- Copy of a utility bill as proof of residence;
- His/her Pakistani Passport valid for not less than six months;
- Photocopy of passport;
- Two passport-size photographs;
- Confirmation of booking in case he/she is to stay in a hotel in India.
- Name and address of the person he/she is visiting in India.
- Sponsorship certificate should be attested by an authorized officer in India. DM/SP/SDM/Tehsildar/BDO/SHO/Group-“A” officers of the Central and State Government/ Principal of Government College/Principal or Headmaster of Government school are authorized for the purpose. A copy of the photo identity card of the concerned officer issuing the Sponsorship Certificate, duly self attested by the officer concerned, should be attached with the Sponsorship Certificate
The immigration officer may grant single entry Visa-on-Arrival up to 45 days. Since all individuals, more than 65 years are exempted form Police Reporting, all such visas will also be endorsed “Exempted from Police Reporting.
Conditions for Visa-on-Arrival:
Visa-on-Arrival shall be non-extendable and non-convertible. At the time of issuance of Visa-on-Arrival, the Immigration Officer must make it clear to the Pakistani national eligible for such a visa that a Visa-on-Arrival can neither be extended nor converted to any other kind of visa during his/her stay in India except with the prior approval of the Foreigners Division, Ministry of Home Affairs. Visa-on-Arrival would not be given for visiting Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Kerala, cantonment areas and other areas and places under restricted/protected area regime.
Entry Points and Exit Points:
The Visa-on-Arrival will be provided only at the Immigration Check Post at Attari, Punjab to Pakistani nationals crossing on foot. All such Visa holders will be allowed to exit only from Attari (on foot).The facility will not be available for Pakistan nationals who intend to enter India at any other immigration/border point
Fee for Visa-on-Arrival
A fee on India Rupee 100/- or US$ 2/- or Pakistani Rupees 176/- per individual as per prevailing exchange rate) will be charged for the grant of a Visa-on-Arrival.
Visa-on-Arrival shall be allowed for a maximum of two times in a calendar year to a Pakistani national.